Sailors insured has been developed by sailors, for sailors and in partnership with established yacht insurance brokers Fastnet Marine Insurance ltd. The policies have been specifically underwritten to meet the needs of sailors, shore crews, coaches, boat builders and anyone in the sailing industry who is looking to protect themselves and their families.
Fastnet Marine Insurance is the successor to Radcliffe & Co. (Insurance) Ltd., established in 1959 and providing specialist marine insurance services since 1984. The business is owned and managed by working directors, all of whom have over 25 years insurance experience, guaranteeing unbiased advice and independence of operation. We are authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, and comply with all the professional, solvency and operational requirements of the UK insurance market, including Lloyd’s. Whilst operated and managed from the UK, we have established schemes &/or markets for yachts and marine trades insurance elsewhere in Europe and Worldwide.
Our Service Standards
- Ensure that all insurance policies are correct before sending to you
- Produce plain English documents
- Explain all terms and conditions to you
- Contact you on an agreed basis to ensure that there is nothing missing from any of your policies
- Arrange meetings with underwriters and site visits
- Make sure that you have all documents at least 10 days in advance of renewal
- Return all telephone calls promptly
- Deal with the claims internally and ensure you are kept up to date at the end of each week or month as you prefer
- Make sure that you are comfortable with the policy wordings and exclusions and highlight areas which need either attention or increase in cover
- Provide advice and service where requested
- For a full copy of our Terms of Business, please get in touch with us using the Contact page. We operate a complaints procedure that meets the FCA’s requirements, and also includes full details of how to access the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS.) In addition, we are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
“My biggest fear as a professional sailor is suffering a bad injury that leaves me unable to race & provide an income for my family. Sailors Insurance gives both my wife & I peace of mind that no matter where I am in the world I am covered”
“My Sailors Insurance policy is really great for piece of mind when I regularly change boats, teams and locations. Scary to think about what would happen with out it”
“My Sailors Insurance policy gives great reassurance that if I ever got injured I can get back to the UK for medical care & if I couldn’t work for a while I would still be able to pay my bills.”